"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Searching For The Perfect Gift

Why are men so hard to shop for?


Let me re-phrase: Why is MY man so hard to shop for? Our 1 year anniversary is coming up next month and I've been racking my brain for the perfect gift. So far, no luck.  I want to give the perfect gift. A gift that is special and romantic. A gift that says "I love you" or makes him think, "Man, my wife is awesome." A gift that can withstand time...you know, like our love! :) 


Now I've had some ideas but they all seem to flop. I mean, I want to give him something practical since we're tight on money but come on, the man has some not-so-romantic interests. Example:

  • Construction: What about a hammer? Or a level? Or a tool belt?
      • Now, that screams romance...right? Not exactly! 
  • Fishing: What about a new rod? Or lures? 
      • Maybe I could write, "You sure were a great catch!" Get it? Ha ha, not quite what I'm going for. 

Now, I do have one idea (my only decent idea, I might add) so I'm not going to share that one in case it works out. It has involved lots of sneaking around and secret emails/phone calls so Paul won't figure me out. If it all comes together correctly I think he'll enjoy it. (I know I would!)


Regardless of  what we buy, we're going to exchange the best gifts of all on our anniversary weekend: The gift of fun time spent together. I'm already counting down the days to our Gatlinburg getaway weekend!! That's all for now! 


Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment