"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines as a Mrs.

So, our 1st Valentines Day as a married couple was a success!! Since Paul worked and I didn't, we decided that I would take over Valentines responsibilities and he would make plans for this weekend. (I can't wait, by the way, to see what we're doing Saturday!!)

Our agreement was to not give any gifts this year. So, in efforts to follow the rules, I prepared a romantic meal of spaghetti with meat sauce, Caesar salad and french bread. I slaved over the stove for at least...30 minutes! :)  Quite possibly the easiest "holiday" meal I've made since being married. 



But, I think the end result turned out quite nice! Over our romantic meal we spent some much needed time catching up and talking about the good times we've had over the past year. It was nice to put some time aside to love, respect and appreciate each other, especially on a Tuesday! 
And in true "old soul" fashion, we capped dinner off with a rousing game of Yahtzee! He won 1 game and I won the next. Trying to subdue my competitive nature, we called it a tie and proceeded with the night.

It wouldn't be Valentines without some hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries, so earlier that day I prepared some fresh. They were delicious. I also made Paul a crunchy, sweet/salty snack to take to work the next day so that he remembers that I love and appreciate him all days of the week...not just on Valentines Day. 


And now it's Wednesday but I already can't wait for my man to get home so we can re-enact yesterday with left overs, laughs and love. :)

Love and Happiness, 

Bethany









1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the simplest celebrations mean the most. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete