"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's Time To Go On A Diet

It's time to admit the truth. I've gotten fat. 

Paul tries to be nice and say I'm pudgy. Same difference, I explain. He disagrees. Regardless, there are pounds to lose and I am determined to lose them. I began my diet on Monday and hopefully I'll quickly be on my way to feeling better about my body. 

This is going to be a challenge for me, however. I'm a lover of food. Chocolate cake, ice cream, cheesecakes and cookies. I love them all. Not to mention chicken fingers, hamburgers and french fries. My stomach is growling just typing the words. Fortunately, I enjoy a lot of healthy foods but they aren't on my list of frequent cravings. Wouldn't it be nice if we all CRAVED broccoli and looked at fries with disgust. That would be helpful as I start this diet. Ugh...I see hard work in my future. 

Anyways, I've set a goal to lose 15 pounds. My plan includes eating healthier, exercising more, cutting out soft drinks, no late night snacking and educating myself on how many calories are in the food I eat. Slowly but surely I hope to see these pounds melt away. 

I look back I wonder, "How did I get so fat?". Well, I've discovered my downfall after looking up some caloric/fat content of some of my favorite foods. Now, if you are a Chick-Fil-A sauce fan and do not want to know the nutritional facts about it, I advise you stop reading now. Here we go.  Like the fried chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A isn't bad enough, I put Chick-Fil-A sauce on both my sandwich and fries. No big deal, right? I use (or used) 3 sauce packets for one meal. Each packet has 280 calories in itself. That means 840 calories and 120% of my daily fat content just for the sauce I use. That blew my mind! 

But THAT is how I got so fat. Knowledge is power, I guess. No more of that delicious, make your pants tight Chick-Fil-A sauce for me...at least not 3 packs. :)

This is a picture of me when I was small and yes, 16 years old. I don't know if I'll ever be able to be the same size as I was in 10th grade but at least it can be motivation that I don't have to be a fatty. :)


But, even then, I was a lover of food. Good food. Fatty food. Delicious, make your pants tight food. Haha...I guess getting fat shouldn't have been a surprise. 


So, here's to losing weight and gaining a healthier lifestyle!

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment