"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fun In The Snow

We've discovered that winter in Helena is two things: COLD and SNOWY.

And when it's cold and snowy, Paul and I aren't too excited about spending much time in it unless we're having fun. That means we don't go on pointless walks for an extended amount of time and we definitely don't sit out on our back porch just for the fun of it. I always have a hat and a pair of gloves handy and I have to wear snow boots to check the mail.

But with snow comes great fun. So, Paul and I rented our own skis for the whole season and almost every weekend we've hit the slopes. The ski area is only 30 minutes away so it's very convenient for us to hop in the Jeep and spend a day on the mountain. Paul has turned pro in the past few weeks and was even caught catching some air this past Saturday. Before I know it he'll be doing flips in the terrain parks. I, however, am still an obvious beginner but we have so much fun racing down the slopes.




Another one of our favorite things has been sledding. After the initial $10 investment for plastic sledding discs, we were set for slipping, sliding fun for FREE at the local sledding hill. It takes a little more energy than skiing because we have to walk back up the snowy hillside but its good, cheap fun on a Friday night. We're kind of like big kids laughing and screaming down the hill but if you're not having fun in the snow, what's the point?






And since it's extremely cold here, it's very easy to have outdoor skating rinks, frozen by nature. On Friday we went ice skating in a park that they flood in the winter. I was able to use my mom's old ice skates that she gave me years ago. Who knew that I'd ever live somewhere where I could put them to good use.

It was super bright that day! Sorry!
I love being here with all the snow. Even on days that I don't get out in it, I love looking out the window and seeing blankets of snow on the ground and the snowy mountains in the distance. It really is so beautiful. I already can't wait for our next big snow!

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment