"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Turning Water Into Snow: Video

A couple of weekends ago Paul and I didn't go skiing because it was too cold. Well, Paul would have gone but I didn't want to. The Weather Channel said that the high was going to be 8 degrees with the majority of the day being close to zero, so I put my foot down. Frostbite was not in my weekend plans. So we stayed home, relaxed and watched a few movies. I piddled on the internet and stumbled across the coolest thing! It was a video of someone tossing boiling water into the air when it was negative something degrees outside. The water turned to snow!! I couldn't believe it so we decided to try it. It was only 3-5 degrees that day at our house but we thought it was worth the try. Sure enough, the boiling water turned to snow!! It was incredible. I was amazed and giggling like a kid at a magic show!

The next day I wanted to do it again, and catch it on video. That day it was warmer...a toasty 9 degrees. We weren't sure if it would work again but, with camera in tow, we tried it. I'll post the video so you can see. The first toss works best and the second and third don't do too well. Don't mind my horrible commentary. I forget that the camera can hear me, too. :)


Did you see it? Did you see the water turn to snow? We thought it was pretty awesome and wanted to share it with everyone! I learn something new everyday.

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment