"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Be Entertained By Your Problems

You know those rough times in your life when someone says, "One day you'll look back on this and laugh"? And all you're thinking is, "Are you kidding me? This will never be funny." I've been there. And now I see that it's true. With time, things aren't always as dramatic or life changing and definitely not as serious as we think that they are. With time, and a good sense of humor, you will look back and laugh about some of the hardest things you go through. 

Time. Just like they say...it flies by. It's been just about 6 months since Paul and I were packing up all of our things into a PODS, having no idea when or where we'd be moving to a new home. It was all pretty rough for me. I had tons of emotions that included anger at our nasty landlord for kicking us out, frustration with our bank lender for misleading us on our loan status and closing date, sadness because I was leaving my wonderful co-workers, happiness that I was leaving my job, fear that we were essentially homeless and excitement because we were about to start our biggest adventure yet. Talk about overload. I literally thought that our lives were turning upside down. And even though Paul and I have a pretty good sense of humor, we had some rough times in the past 6 months. 

But just the other day, Paul and I were talking about our trip to Charleston. This of course led to the conversation about my jellyfish sting that was so bad and then the memories of those last 10 days in our apartment flooded my mind. I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably as I kept saying, "Do you remember such and such?" and Paul laughing his funny faced laugh and adding details of our unfortunate but now funny situation. 

You see, in those last 10 days Paul and I camped out in our empty living room on an air mattress with nothing but a TV propped on a box and 2 lawn chairs. That was it. Everything else had been packed away. Piles of clothes were folded in the floor because we had no furniture to keep in it. We ate everything on paper plates with plastic forks and when my jellyfish sting turned into a moderate allergic reaction, we had to fish through boxes to find benadryl and benadryl cream. 

For some reason, we found it all so funny as we talked about it. But you see, it wasn't funny then. Then, it was a tragic life event deserving of a good cry...not a good laugh. But that's what time does. Time changes things. And a good sense of humor doesn't hurt.


Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment