"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day may be one of my least favorite holidays. Don't get me wrong. I love having someone who loves me and I love them and all is well with the world. But, there are several things I just don't like about Valentine's. For one, I don't like hearts. Maybe that's weird but I just don't care for them. And let's be honest. Pretty much from New Year's on, all the stores are covered in hearts and pink. Did I mention that I don't really like pink either. I know, I know, but it's true. Lastly, I don't like those little conversation heart candies. I'd rather eat Rolaids. Honestly, a box of Tums would be just as romantic to me. 

Thankfully, Paul knows all these quirky things about me and not once have I ever gotten candy hearts for Valentine's Day. He also keeps hearts in general to a minimum and pink is used sparingly, if used at all. But regardless of my feeling about Valentine's Day, we always celebrate with a romantic meal and cards for each other. This year, Paul even got me roses, red not pink, and chocolate... not in a heart shaped box. :)





A tradition has been formed for our Valentine's meal including spaghetti, Caesar salad and french bread served by candle light with our monogrammed napkins from our wedding. I, of course, made a special dessert for Paul and we spent the night spending some quality time together. 



Butterfinger Blondies for my Butterfinger loving man



Our real Valentine's celebration wouldn't begin until Saturday, when we would head out on a scenic road trip to West Yellowstone for a day full of snowmobiling. I'll write a separate post about our amazing trip soon!

I think the reason that I don't love Valentine's so much is because Paul treats me like the love of his life everyday. He's romantic and spontaneous and is constantly doing little things or big things to let me know how special our love for each other is to him. Sometimes, I get flowers for no reason at all and I get a "Good morning beautiful" text message every day. He kisses me before he goes to work and tells me he loves me multiple times a day. So, Valentine's Day is nice but for the most part, it feels like any other day. I feel very lucky to have a husband who treats me so amazingly every day of our lives together. And after celebrating 8 Valentine's Days together, I couldn't ask for a better man to share it with. 

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment