"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another Moose and a Mountain Goat

Of all the animals we've seen out here, I think moose are my favorite. There's just something about a moose. They're huge, and kind of beautiful and very elusive. We've seen thousands of deer since we've been here. And that's pretty cool, but we have deer back in Alabama. Moose? Not so much.

And that's why I was super excited when we saw another moose on Memorial Day, coming home from Idaho. Paul spotted it down in a river by the highway. He pulled over and we walked back up the road to take a look. At first, he was in the water but then he climbed out and ran across an open field towards some trees. They are surprisingly fast for such a big animal and I'm sure he could run faster if he wanted.


We've also seen mountain goats...those big, white, hairy ones. They were really far away on a cliff but I tried to get a picture anyways. Paul has seen some up close, so hopefully I'll get to see one closer sometime, too.

Kinda hard to tell, but it's a mountain goat. I promise.

Now, I'd like to see a moose with antlers! And maybe a bear. I've never seen a bear in real life. Here's to hoping!

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment