"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Weekend Full of Scenic Driving

Summertime in Montana is busy, fast paced and lots of fun! Paul and I have been keeping ourselves occupied since my last post with weekend trips, 2 family visits, our first rodeo, kayaking days and some fishing. Summer doesn't last very long here, so we are trying our best to fit in all that we can. We haven't seemed to slow down in months!

I'll pick up where I left off and go all the way back to the beginning of June. Paul's been doing lots of traveling for his job and has gotten to see all sorts of beautiful places around Montana. He'd come home and tell me about all the wonderful things he's seen on the road and I, of course, was green with envy. I wanted to see the snow-capped mountains near Glacier National Park. I wanted to see the rivers rushing with icy-blue snow melt. I wanted to spend the day driving around beautiful Flathead Lake. 


So, that's what we did. We packed up the car and hit the road. We spent a couple days just driving around, enjoying each others company and taking lots of pictures. The mountains were perfect; rugged and snow capped with a touch of spring green in the valley. It was like driving in a postcard. During our trip we stumbled across a little waterfall and walked along the banks of Flathead Lake. It was a perfect weekend to enjoy nature's beauty. 









On our way home, we stopped at The National Bison Range (which I've been wanting to do for a while) and got to see lots of wildlife and more spectacular scenery. I still can't get enough of the beauty around us.






Antelope

Elk


Montana continues to amaze us. I'll be updating my blog soon with more of our summer adventures!

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment