"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Marking Things Off The Bucket List

When Paul and I started looking to buy a house back in June it was exciting. And then it became stressful and now 3 months later I'm struggling with the temptation to think that those 3 months were just a waste of time. All of that hard work, all of that planning and all of that money we invested in a house we didn't even get. It's pretty frustrating. Were the last 3 months a waste? Did I accomplish anything? Did I ever even enjoy myself? 

Well, of course it wasn't a waste and yes, I accomplished a few things. So today I'm going to focus on the things that went right over the last 3 months; the things that I accomplished that I've always wanted to do. 

1. Go On A Ghost Tour: As I mentioned in my last post, Paul and I did a ghost tour while in Charleston. It was so much fun. I would definitely do another in Charleston or somewhere else, even. Even though we didn't see any ghosts, it was such a fun experience. Did I have fun? Yes. Was it a waste of time? Absolutely not! If you want to see the pictures click HERE.

2. Make An Unexpected Life Decision: If you read my post When It Rains, It Pours you already know that  I've made a pretty significant life decision that I would qualify as unexpected. So, even though these past 3 months didn't go just as planned, it set us up to mark another item off my bucket list. I'm learning slowly that sometimes the best plans weren't planned at all and I'm hoping that is what comes from this unexpected life decision. 

3. Cut My Hair Short: And finally, when I got back to Scottsboro this week I took the plunge and cut my hair off. No pictures of it just yet, but believe me it's the shortest I've ever had it. When it was done, 8 inches of my hair was scattered on the floor. The weirdest part? No more ponytails for me! Never in my life have I not been able to put my hair in a ponytail and I'm positive this is going to take some time to get use to. But I figured with me not working, it doesn't much matter if I can pull it back or not! 

So, I guess if I'm still marking things off my bucket list, life isn't so bad. If you want to see what's left you can read the post HERE. Paul and I are already making fun plans for our "time off" and hopefully I'll be marking a few more off very soon! 

Love and Happiness,
Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment