"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Enjoying Life

Life was a little crazy this summer. Between buying a house, not buying a house, buying a house again, getting kicked out of our apartment, not buying a house again, packing up the house and quitting our jobs, I was a little stressed out. When we finally made it out of Johnson City, all I wanted to do was sleep.

See, I don't always handle stress very well. And after months of holding it all in, I was so relieved to know that it was all over. No more mold in the basement, no more lending agents, no more evil landlords and no more strangers walking through my home planning for their future when I didn't know mine. No more 12 hours shifts, no more early mornings and no more cleaning baseboards and sweeping behind the fridge. It was all over and it felt amazing. 

And even though it may seem odd, this past month of being homeless and jobless has been one of the least stressful months I can remember. Somehow, this girl who usually struggles with being in control and having a plan has found complete peace with the unknown. No, we still don't know where we're going to move and we obviously still don't have jobs but it's okay. It will all fall together when the time is right. 

I won't lie, I do have moments where I get nervous and wonder what the future holds for us. And I'm excited about the future because I know it's going to be incredible, whatever it is. But for now I'm going to appreciate each minute of our atypical life because there are so many parts of it that are amazing. I'm going to hangout with my family. I'm going to sleep in on a weekday with my husband. I'm going to go for a walk in the middle of the day. I'm going to catch up on tv shows that I've missed. I'm going to watch the sunset on the river and cast a line towards the bank. I'm going to watch a matinee on a Tuesday. I'm going to revel in the beauty of having no rent or power bills to pay. I'm going to enjoy my time off. 

So, that's my plan. It's a good one, don't you think?
I think so, too. 

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment