"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Is My Favorite

Fall is my favorite season. 

There is something about fall time that makes me so happy. The leaves are changing colors and it's getting cool outside. It's a perfect time for a bonfire and a pumpkin candle. But more importantly it's the perfect time for a college football game, preferably in Jordan-Hare. So, that's where we went a few weekends ago for the Auburn-Arkansas game. 



Now, usually a trip to Auburn is too short because those pesky jobs get in the way of a long weekend away. So, instead of rushing to fit our Auburn experience into 2 days, we stayed 4 nights. Our sweet friends, Brad and Fallon, let us stay at their house and it was great getting to see and catch up with them. We also got to catch up with other friends who are still living in Auburn. We were able to eat and all my favorite places, including Niffer's, Blue Bagel and Momma G's. We walked around campus, which has changed incredibly, and of course went to the football game. The trees at Toomer's were sad to look at but Samford was as beautiful as ever. It was a perfect Auburn experience, all except the losing the game part. 

When we left Auburn on Monday morning, we decided not to go back to Scottsboro right away and go to BODIES The Exhibition in Atlanta, which was on my bucket list. I've always wanted to go see this exhibition and it was well worth the short drive from Auburn. I've decided that I'm a huge dork and that I'm incredibly lucky to have a husband who takes me to all these weird events. 




Anyways, it was a much needed trip away for two restless people. I wish I had more to write about, but honestly things are a little slow around here. Who knows, it could be the calm before the storm or the calm before Paul gets a job! 

Fingers crossed!

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment