"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Thursday, November 15, 2012

What Is My Life's Passion?

Disclaimer: This post may be my most random yet. So, if you're looking to read something inspirational and profound, you've come to the wrong place.

It's been just over 2 months that Paul and I quit our jobs and moved back to Scottsboro. Paul has really struggled with not having anything to do. When I beg him to relax and lay in bed all day to watch movies, he thinks it's close to torture. He's not content unless he's busy, which drives me crazy! I've been pretty content not working and not being busy. Sure, it's been pretty boring lately, but when I think about working 12 hours shifts, weekends and holidays...I smile and I am thankful for this down time.

So, with this down time I have reflected on if I made the right career choice in life. I mean, it was never a secret that nurses work 12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays! It makes me wonder, if I had chosen a different "life's passion", what would it be?

I've wondered this before and it's constantly changing. During the Olympics I was determined that I wanted to be a gymnast/ribbon dancer. Look how successful those girls are. That could have been me. Or sometimes when I reach the point where I remember that money isn't everything, I contemplate working at Chick-fil-A. Those employees are the nicest people in fast food and those sweet old people who get you refills could totally be my work best friends. Option? I think so.

My latest "life's passion" has been accapella singing. Paul and I went to see that movie Pitch Perfect and I left that theater inspired to match pitch and make harmony with fellow accapella-people. I wonder how much an accapella singer gets paid? It probably doesn't matter since I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Poor Paul has had to listen to me do a lot of singing lately that is not performance ready. Practice makes perfect? That's a lie. Some people, including me, are a lost cause.

Just a few random thoughts. I'm a big fan of keeping your options open, so who knows? Maybe I can be an entertainer at Chick-fil-A, ribbon dancing and singing in the corner.

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment