"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rodeos and Barrel Racing

This summer, on Wednesday nights, Paul and I have been driving over to the fairgrounds to watch locals barrel race their horses. Ranching, horseback riding and rodeos are a definite reality here that seems new to me. Rodeo is a part of peoples lives and they seem to start them young. We even saw a little girl, maybe 5 years old, riding her Shetland pony around the barrels.

And summertime means rodeo time around Montana. Every weekend there seems to be a rodeo within driving distance. So, Paul and I went to two this summer. We had a blast. I felt very Montanan sitting at the rodeo, cheering along as someone rode a bull or bucking bronco. Now, all I need to do is buy a cowboy hat and a set of boots and I'll fit right it.


Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment