"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 6, 2012 = 22 Years Old

My birthday, like most peoples, comes just once a year. :) That doesn't mean that I celebrate just one day a year, however. My birthday typically spans about 1 week. But this year it's different. See, my birthday fell on Easter weekend and by the time I remembered to ask off for my birthday, the calendar was full with other people wanting off. Bummer. 

I did manage to get my actual birthday (Friday) off but would have to work the rest of the weekend. The week before my birthday was filled with all my favorite meals and fun times with Paul after work. On my actual birthday Paul brought home flowers and even a few gifts, which he agreed not to do but I suppose he knows me too well. Next, he took me out to lunch and then to a pool hall to play pool all afternoon. That evening he cooked me an amazing supper and baked me a birthday cake! Paul even tested out his decorating skills, which turned out quite comical. :) 




As much fun as my birthday was, I couldn't help but be disappointed that I had to work Saturday and Sunday. I reluctantly woke up Saturday morning and drug myself to the hospital. When I arrived, I was greeted by the sweetest things and friends of all time. They had gotten me a birthday cake and flowers! I didn't expect my birthday to continue into the weekend but they made me feel so special and loved. I have honestly found such wonderful friends in my co-workers and I am so very thankful for them. A special thanks to Brooke and Sarah, who went out of their way to plan my little celebration! 


The true celebrations begins THIS Friday with a weekend trip to Gatlinburg! On the agenda: a new dress, Melting Pot reservations, Dollywood all day, and a cute cabin in the mountains. I love my birthday! And I love that I have an understanding husband who satisfies my need to celebrate  for extended amounts of time. This year, it's going to be at least a 2 week event. I'm sure he's getting tired of hearing, "But, it's my birthday!" :)

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment