"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Thursday, April 5, 2012

No, We Don't Have A Lot of Money

I'm a nurse.
Paul's a construction worker. 
We're newlyweds. 

While our marriage is rich in love and blessings, our bank account isn't quite so full. Don't get me wrong, we get by. But with gas increasing close to $4 a gallon and construction jobs dwindling, we have to watch our money. We use coupons regularly and shop grocery sales every week. And even then, we sometimes are over budget. I don't believe in frivolous purchases and feel guilty to buy things that aren't necessary. Thank goodness I'm not a shopaholic or we would definitely have financial problems. In fact, I barely ever shop at all. How can I justify buying a new outfit when we are over budget on groceries? I'd rather take one for the team. 

So, when I stumbled across some ideas on Pinterest, I was excited to give them a try. They were no sew vests from large t-shirts and all I needed was a pair of scissors. Sounded easy and cheap enough for me! 

So, today I gave it a try and ended up with 2 cute vests that cost me less than 10 dollars. I can't wait to wear them once the weather warms up. 


 















Sorry for the bathroom mirror pictures. Lame, I know. But I am pleased with the way they turned out, especially for how cheap they are. 

Being poor is just a part of life, at least our lives anyways. I'd rather be poor and in love than rich and alone any day. When I hear Zac Brown Band's song "Free" I think of Paul and I. 




It's true. 
No, we don't have a lot of money. All we need is love...

Love and Happiness, 
Bethany



1 comment:

  1. So true Bethany. Ryan and I had 6 years of married life on a insanely small budget. It was stressful at times, but it's true the best things in life are free. Proud of you guys and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete