"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

You're Gonna Miss This

To be honest, I was a little bummed about turning 22. It was my first birthday with a real job, bills to pay, and budgets to watch. You know, adult things. Adult? Where did the time go? Can't I go back to Auburn, with little to no responsibility other than to have a good time? Where my biggest concern was finding a parking spot in C-Zone and getting to class. The most important rule was to stop for pedestrians at crosswalks. Man, that was the life. Not to mention the monthly allowance that magically appeared in my bank account each month from mommy and daddy. Saturdays were full of Auburn football, War Eagles and burnt orange. Clinicals for nursing school were from 7-3 with afternoons left for pool times. And I thought life was tough? Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, Spring break and don't forget summer. What I wouldn't do now for all that time off but back then, it wasn't long enough.

I'm 22 and looking back on my college days, reminiscing on the beautiful memories I made on The Plains. Maybe I should have been a 5th year senior and soaked up the life I loved as a student. A few more war eagles, a few more football games, a few more trips to Momma G's and more importantly a few more years with little responsibility.

But if I were given the chance to take it all back and be an Auburn freshman again, I'd do it all the same and just as fast. Why, you ask? Because the life I've found as an adult is pretty awesome, too. Yes, it's a little more challenging and a little more stressful but I consider myself lucky to have what I have at such a young age.

  • I've been in love with one man for nearly 7 years
  • I'm a wife to a wonderful husband
  • I graduated from Auburn with honors
  • I'm independent from my parents and am self-sufficient
  • I have a steady job doing what I love
  • I have no debt
  • I live comfortably
  • I am healthy
  • I save lives
  • I am proud
  • I am happy
For just being 22, I think I have a pretty blessed life. And I am blessed that I can look back on my college experience with such joy. It didn't always seem so great when I was there but hindsight is 20/20. Auburn was amazing despite the studying and the parking and the bike cops who give ridiculous tickets. And I am positive that in 2017 I will look back on these years, the years right out of school, and reminisce about how wonderful they were, too. 



You're Gonna Miss This- Trace Adkins


It's easy for me to look so far ahead that I forget to embrace each moment around me. My goal is to take everything as it comes and not rush through this beautiful life. This year, my 22nd, will be a great year. I can feel it in my soul and I can't wait to see what it holds. 

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment