"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Parents Are Awesome

Today I'm thankful for my wonderful parents. I was truly blessed with the best parents I could ever imagine. They are loving and supportive like most parents but they go the extra mile. They accept me for who I am and who I've become. They treat me with respect and like the adult that I am. They taught me to be open-minded and to challenge the norm. And at some point my parents became my friends. The type of friends I can laugh with, cry with and argue with. In short, my parents are awesome. 

One thing that means the most to me is how they have accepted Paul into our family. It is great to see how Paul and my parents interact with each other. They have supported and encouraged Paul in his career choices and even provide advice along the way based off of first hand experience. They show the same love and support towards him as they do to me or my brother. Once again, my parents are awesome. 

This past weekend my parents came to visit us for a few days and I was reminded of how great they are. And since we hadn't seen each other in 3 months we had a lot to catch up on. We laughed, relaxed and made a scene a Captain D's. 

I'm lucky to have such awesome parents who I have wonderful relationships with. My hope is that they feel the same way and would maybe say to their friends, "My daughter is awesome".



Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment