"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Power of Prayer

Prayer is a powerful thing.

I pray everyday. My prayers aren't always requests to God but often times a conversation with Him about what's going through my mind. Actually, my prayers are mostly filled with thanksgiving because of the things God has provided me with. I am confident in God's hand in my life each and everyday.
 Like everyone else, I ask God for help, guidance, relief or answers when times are most tough. I go to God with the "big things" because there is no question that I can't handle it on my own. However, when it comes to the "small things", I find myself thinking that it's not worth a prayer. God doesn't care about my little, everyday problems, right? Wouldn't it be selfish of me to come to God with a petty prayer? 

This week, God showed me that no prayer is too small. 

On Friday morning I woke up and immediately began to pray. In this prayer I talked with God like a friend, explaining to Him the hardships I was going through. The past 3 weeks of work had been terrible. Exhausted and dreading the weekend of work ahead of me, I pleaded to God to let me have good workdays. As I ended this prayer, guilt overcame me. Did I really just have a vent-session with God? Did I just spend time complaining and asking Him to fix my silly problems? Yes, yes I did.

And I can honestly say that after working the past 3 days, I haven't had such good days at work in the longest time. Coincidence? Some may think so and that's fine. But I know in my heart it was an answered prayer. Even something as small as a couple good days at work have revitalized my confidence in God and renewed my faith in the power of prayer. And that guilt I felt after praying for small things has left. Why should I feel guilty with the Bible tells me it's okay? 

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7

God wants us to talk with Him, pray to Him and tell Him what we need. So, that's what I shall do. 

Go ahead, give it try. See what God will do in your life if you just ask. 

Love and Happiness, Bethany

1 comment:

  1. AMEN AND AMEN! He is GOOD! Love keeping up with you and so thankful you are so well.....Love you!

    ReplyDelete