"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Monday, December 31, 2012

Oh 2012, How You've Challenged Me


It's been quite a year.

This time last year I was in the middle of an identity crisis. In efforts to escape a job I was unhappy with, I began researching travel nursing. I'd only been a nurse for about 6 months and I wanted to get out. I wanted out of my job. I wanted out of Johnson City. I wanted to explore and see new things. And that's why I started this blog. My plans were to move all across the country, 13 weeks at a time, with my husband at my side. What an adventure we were planning.

But as I've said before, and I'm sure you know by now, things don't always go as planned. At first it was disappointing to realize that this dream wasn't the reality that I'd hoped. If you had asked me my plans last January I would have NEVER predicted that in 2012 I would attempt to buy a house but lose it the day before closing, get kicked out of our apartment with nowhere to move, quit my job with no steady plan, move back to Scottsboro for over 3 months, live with my parents and then finally move to Montana. Are you kidding? Who could predict that?

Today I went back and read my first blog post. Read it HERE, if you want. The adventures that I thought were in front of us never came. And obviously, our life in the last year didn't exactly play out as planned. It's ironic really because in that first post I said, "Learning to let go of how I pictured things to be and embracing the beautiful reality of my life has been, and will continue to be a great challenge."

Honestly, our reality is amazing regardless of whether it was planned or not. And in the last year I've grown to accept and embrace our twisting, turning and chaotic life. And most importantly, with Paul by my side, we'll end up where we're suppose to be. And like I said in my very first post, " it's a special blessing to have a man who is willing to walk towards the unknown hand in hand with me."

Don't feel bad for me because my dreams and wants for 2012 never came true. Like I said, I wanted out of my job. I wanted out of Johnson City. I wanted to explore and see new things, with my husband by my side. All of those things came true! It may not have been the adventure we were planning but it was an adventure nonetheless.

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment