"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Break in Montana

Y'all, I love my parents...probably more now than I did when I was younger. They're so awesome and fun and when we all get together it's always full of laughs. That's why Paul and I have been excitedly anticipating their trip to come see us on my mom's spring break. They were here for 5 full days and we made the most of it!

My mom wanted to treat Paul and I  to a mini vacation too, so she booked an awesome trip to Seeley Lake, MT for a day full of snowmobiling and a couple nights stay in this really cool lodge. Seeley Lake is only a couple hours from here and is definitely worth the drive. We spent 2 nights in the historical lodge, built 1929, and ate dinner both nights in the fancy restaurant downstairs. The views were spectacular, the lodge was cozy and deer were literally right outside our windows.








On Saturday, we spent the day on snowmobiles exploring the mountains and tree-lined trails. The weather was beautiful and it even snowed those big, fluffy flakes that makes everything gorgeous. The men were our drivers with mom and I just along for the ride!















Before we left on Sunday, we walked down to the stables and fed the horses apples. This big guy was the friendliest of them all!





We spent Monday and Tuesday exploring Helena and I showed them around town. We went to the Catholic Cathedral, the capitol building, the historical museum, and some other places around town. I think everyone was exhausted by the time the trip was done. We went nonstop the entire time! 




This was my parents first time to see Montana and I think it was a success. We got to see lots of wildlife, including elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope and a bald eagle. The weather was nice and it was really good to see my parents. I hated to see them go but we're already thinking of things to do when they come back next time! 

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment