"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Friday, May 17, 2013

Our New Kayak!

Why can't money grow on trees? It'd be incredibly convenient, don't you think?

With me not working, Paul and I have to be very aware of our spending. No frivolous buying, no frequent restaurant visits and no impulse purchases. This tends to work out because I don't like shopping for clothes, I don't wear jewelry and not to brag, but Paul and I both are pretty good cooks. Our problem, as of late, has been our impulse purchases. I mean, we don't it very often but when we do...we buy things like a kayak. Yeah, that's right. A kayak.

And I love it! We've had it for a couple of weeks now and we've taken it out several times already.It's a tandem, so when I get tired Paul can paddle me around while I lounge in the front. It's the best scenario ever. And it's going to be even better once the water warms up and we can jump off and go swimming wherever we want. It even has fishing pole holders so once we get our licenses, we can fish right out of the boat!














And even though we dropped more money upfront, we now have free summer evening and weekend entertainment waiting to hit the water. And let's not forget, it's almost an exercise machine in itself because it has my arms and shoulders burning after a long ride!

I can't believe summer is finally here! We plan on enjoying it to the fullest!

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment