"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Friday, May 31, 2013

Romance

Romance. 

I don't think a couple can ever have too much romance in their relationship. Seriously, who doesn't love a little romance? But sometimes, I think life gets in the way. We're in the habit of waiting until Friday or Saturday nights to do something special with each other. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about a Friday night date but what about the other days of the week? 

What makes a Tuesday or a Thursday less romantic than Friday or Saturday? Is it our jobs, our to do lists, or our weekday television commitments? Or is it because we don't take the same time or effort on a Tuesday than we do on Friday? For Paul and I, it's just not part of our routine. I'll admit it. But just because it's true, doesn't make it right.

And that's why I decided to surprise Paul with a romantic, candlelit dinner when he came home from work the other night. Sure, it was a Tuesday and even though my routine is to be wearing jeans and some casual shirt, my hair in a pony tail and maybe no makeup...I wanted to make that night special. I wanted Paul to feel special. So, after fixing my hair and makeup I slipped on a black lacy dress, fixed supper, lit candles and turned on some music. And just before he came home, I sat down and wrote him a letter. A thank you letter. 



I do this from time to time. I think it's important for wives to show appreciation to their husbands, to let them know all the things that you notice. So, I thanked Paul for being an amazing husband, a hard worker, for being adventurous and carefree and for always making me so happy. 

It was one of the best Tuesday nights we've had in a long time. And sure, I love that Paul loves me with no makeup on and my mess of a ponytail but sometimes it's good to get out of our routines and start making our lives a little more interesting. 

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment