"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Thursday, August 2, 2012

30 Days Until We're HOMELESS

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball. Sometimes you'll hit a home run and sometimes you won't. And then there's those times where you're up to bat and the pitcher throws that ball straight at your face and breaks your nose. That happens, right? Well, in the world of symbolism it does. 


Yesterday our landlord, the pitcher, did just that to Paul and I. Per his phone call and letter, we have until the end of the month to be out of our apartment. Excuse me? 30 days? Where are we suppose to go? That's of no concern to him, unless we want to sign a 6 month lease. I know what you're thinking. Just sign a 6 month lease! That would be peachy if Paul and I weren't closing on a house at the end of the month. Perfect timing some might say, but it's not. The house is completely not livable and we will need several months to move in. But, like our landlord says, we only have 30 days. So here I am, freaking out,  because come September 1st, we'll be homeless. 






Homeless? I've never been homeless before. Come see us at the overpass downtown and bring a cardboard box for me to sleep on. :) Seriously though. This isn't just a curve ball, it's a ball flying 90 mph at our faces. And by the way, baseball's not my strong suit. But after a few tears and angry bursts of landlord inspired rage, Paul and I held hands and laughed. We laughed hard. Sometimes when we are astounded by the challenges in our lives, there is nothing left to do but laugh. And sure, I freaked out initially, but for some reason I have a strange calm about the situation. No one ever said life would be easy and if they had it would have been a lie. Life's tough, get a helmet...especially one with a face-guard to block those baseballs flying at your head. 


So, if you're reading this and you're a person of prayer, maybe send one up for us. Hopefully it will all work out Angels in the Outfield style, miraculously saving the day. 


Love and Happiness, 
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment