"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Love Letters From Paul

Paul and I attacked the apartment this past weekend and began the horrible task of packing to move. Packing might be one of those things that I truly hate. I could spend hours putting things in boxes and it feel like I haven't done anything at all. Talk about discouraging. 

But for some reason, this packing experience wasn't so bad. Sure, there were times where I just laid on the floor and refused to do anything but for the most part, we were very productive. The best part of packing up everything was getting the chance to look through that stack of pictures I hadn't seen in a while or read those birthday and Christmas cards from years ago stored in a junk drawer. Yes, I'm a little bit of a hoarder which made this past weekend pretty interesting. Paul happened to stumble across a stack of old letters. Love letters. From him. As we read the letters, most of which I hadn't read in years, we laughed and smiled and reminisced about the beginning of our relationship. It was so sweet to read those letters again. We were so young and naive but somehow our relationship flourished into the one it is today. Reading those cheesy lines from the mind of an 18 year old made us both laugh until tears ran my face. Why in the world did I date such a cornball?! Paul, shaking with laughter asked,"Why did you stay with me?" There I am, rolling on the floor laughing reading his letters, falling more in love with the cheesy, cornball of a man I fell for 7 years ago. It was definitely my favorite part of the packing experience. 

Paul may not be a poet or writer, but he's my favorite author of them all. No matter how cheesy and no matter how corny, I'm lucky to have love letters from my favorite man. 

Love and Happiness, 
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment