"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Having a Place to Live is Overrated

Life's been a little hectic lately at the Coulston house. Between finding out that we had 30 days to vacate our apartment (with no where to go I might ad), having to pack up everything, waiting to hear back from our lending agent about the loan, accommodating our mean landlord as he shows the apartment to multitudes of awkward renters and researching which extended stay hotel would fit us best...we're struggling to keep a positive attitude. 

Paul keeps telling me that I'm handling everything so well and that he is proud of me for staying so strong. But honestly, I'm getting a little depressed. Imagine the fear I feel as I pack up my clothes, the entire contents of our kitchen and every decorative item on our walls. No a single nick-knack is on the mantle and heavy boxes labeled "FRAGILE" creates a maze around the house. It wouldn't be so frightening if we knew where we were moving to. Soon, all of our things will be packed away in a storage unit and we'll be living out of suitcases. 

If you'd ever asked me if I saw this coming, I'd have to say no. So much for always having a plan. Our predictable life just a lot less predictable. I'm trying my best to find the positive in this situation but more often than not I find myself overwhelmed by the unknown. 

The biggest blessing that I've discovered throughout all of this is my wonderful husband. I know, I know. You're probably tired of hearing how amazing he is, but it's hard to avoid the truth. Paul is so supportive of me, even when I'm having a hysterical breakdown full of irrational bursts of fear. Every night since "the news" I look up at him while I'm snuggled on his chest and ask, "Are we going to be okay?" And when he says yes, I believe him. And in the midst of chaos and an "empty" house, there sits the roses he bought me after an especially emotional breakdown. Yeah, he's good. 

So, as of today I have no idea where we'll be living on September 1st. Am I okay with that? Not really, but I guess we can't always get what we want. 

On a happier note, Auburn football kicks off on September 1st. Orange and blue and hopefully an Auburn win gives us something to look forward to for our first day as homeless people. War Eagle to that! 

Love and Happiness,
Bethany 

No comments:

Post a Comment