"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Friday, August 17, 2012

Oh, To Be a College Student!

It's that time of year again. College towns have re-populated and the grocery stores are bare of bread and ramen noodles. Last year at this time, I was thankful that school was over. No more classes, no more Tiger transits and no more tests. But now, after a year of working in the real world, it all doesn't sound so bad.

Here in east Tennessee the weather is already starting to change. I've been wearing a light jacket into and out of work for a couple weeks now and it reminds me of fall-time in Auburn. It makes me long to be back on the plains to endure cramped transit rides and a mile long line at Chick-fil-A.

There is something magical about Auburn.

I can just picture it. Students sitting on blankets in front of Samford Hall, reading books, talking with friends and listening to the fight song chime at noon. Orange and blue is a common sighting and War Eagles happen for no good reason. Tailgaters and football fans make traffic horrendous but the pure and undeniable feeling of camaraderie makes me smile. Watching the eagle fly before kickoff is something special and being there with 87,451 of your closest friends makes it that much better. Being an Auburn student means you are a part of something, something huge. Auburn really is like a family if you want it to be.  Game days are the best days, win or lose. If you are a true Auburn fan, you're always proud to be an Auburn Tiger. But even on a Tuesday, I loved Auburn. There's nothing like Big Blue's blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese to ease your mind after a final. And Momma G's is always worth the wait. Some people call Auburn the "Cow College" and sure, I saw a handful of cows during my Auburn years. But more importantly I saw horses, beautiful horses behind pristine white fences on large, rolling fields. Auburn is a small town with small town charm. That's one thing I love about it.



Do I miss Auburn? Yeah, I miss Auburn. And even though I'm a little jealous of all these college students starting their next semester, I'm also excited for them. I hope they take in every moment that they spend there and appreciate the beauty of everything around them. Auburn is a magical place.

Is your college town as awesome as my college town? Maybe you think it is. And that's my hope for everyone. I hope that their college experience is so outstanding that they long to go back and that the memories they created there make them smile.

Here's to college, here's to memories and here's to Auburn!

Love and Happiness,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment