"Eventually all the pieces fall into place....
until then, laugh at the confusion,
live for the moment, and know that everything
happens for a reason"

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Seven Years Ago I Found My Other Half

On August 1st, 2005 I was 15 years old enjoying the last weeks of summer between my freshman and sophomore year of high school. Who would have known that a simple invitation to hang out was going to be the beginning of our love story. 

Our love story isn't typical, but who's is? In fact, as our relationship progressed Paul confessed that the only reason he called me that night was because all of his other friends were out of town. Good thing I answered his phone call and thank goodness my family didn't take summer vacations. :) It's funny how I went from being on the bottom of his friend list to becoming his best friend and number one. 

So, here we are 7 years later, more in love than we've ever been. It's amazing looking back on the beginning of our relationship and laugh at how young we were and how things have changed. I mean I was 15 years old and couldn't drive. He was 18 and a college student. 

No one thought we'd make it, let alone get married. To be honest, neither did we. But somewhere along the way we realized that what started out as a friendship and a fling had turned into the greatest love two people can share. Did I think I'd meet my soul mate in the cafeteria at Scottsboro High School? Heck no! But am I glad I did? Absolutely! 

And seriously, what 15 year old girl doesn't want to date the prom king? Paul looked so good in that crown and sash. 

Love and Happiness, 
Bethany

~ Young love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment